Re: [Xen-devel] That xenstored console leak...

To: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] That xenstored console leak...
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 23:18:18 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Levon <levon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 15:18:52 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 18/1/08 23:14, "Jim Fehlig" <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sorry for the delay.  I'm not sure why you think that the leak would
> still exist with those changesets reverted.  15957 (and subsequently
> 15967) introduced the leak by creating a whole new /vm/<uuid>-<num>
> path, leaving the previous path orphaned.  But I certainly don't claim
> to be an expert on this code so perhaps I'm not understanding your concern.
>
> Nevertheless, I created/destroyed lots of domains on 3.2 with those
> changesets reverted and do not see the leak.  However I wouldn't expect
> so since each domain has a different uuid and hence a different
> /vm/<uuid> path, which is removed when the domain is destroyed.
>
> BTW, with those changesets /vm/<uuid> path is leaked on save/restore,
> reboot, and localhost migration.  Perhaps the source domain in these
> operations should be removing its /vm path on destruction?

Okay, so with the two patches reverted plus your patch, there seem to be no
leaks, and MAC addresses are not lost across localhost relocations? I guess
that's the way to go, if so, and I'll commit to 3.3 and 3.2 trees.

I suppose your patch should also be applicable to 3.1?

 -- Keir