Re: [Xen-devel] Question regarding SLAB corruption

To: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question regarding SLAB corruption
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:42:34 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 06:40:32 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 9/7/07 14:24, "Lukas Hejtmanek" <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, we got it. The virt_to_machine shows that although the pages are
> contiguous, they are in the reversed order! As can be seen below. Should the
> swiotlb=force solve the problem?

Yes, although that won't be needed in dom0 (which always has a swiotlb). But
clearly it is *definitely* needed for domU driving the infiniband device.

You definitely need the patch that I posted. If it won't apply cleanly to
your kernel tree then you'll have to manually apply it, or move to the
current 'unstable' linux-2.6.18-xen.hg tree.

 -- Keir