Re: [Xen-devel] Question regarding SLAB corruption

To: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Question regarding SLAB corruption
From: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:38:05 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 00:35:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Jul 08, 2007 at 11:11:58AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:
> DomU sets up its own DMAs. The BARs do not come into it (except that they
> will indicate where device registers are, and that's how the DMA is
> programmed).

One of maintainers of IB driver suggested a theory. What is the way that Xen
allocates memory? Are there guarantees about allocation of physical contiguous
memory? E.g., if I request alloc_pages(GPF_KERNEL, 6) - (256kB), are these
pages physically contiguous? Or are these pages guest contiguous only?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek