RE: [Xen-devel] RFC: "local" communications

To: "Nivedita Singhvi" <niv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] RFC: "local" communications
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:32:30 +0100
Cc: Lon Hohberger <lhh@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:31:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It enables something akin to /proc. i.e. you can have an arbitrary
hierarchy of files. To retain the same spirit as everything else in
xenstore it would be preferable that both file names and contents were
text (rather than binary).

I think I quite like the idea of having a /proc/sys interface onto
xenstore. We'll still need the console multiplexing approach for
stream/datagram data.

Ian