Re: [Xen-devel] bitkeeper gone in 2 weeks - which RCS?

Rusty Russell wrote:

On Wed, 2005-06-15 at 08:31 +0900, aq wrote:
like it or not, it seems there are only 3 reasonable options at the
moment:

1. svn (i hate cvs). BK also provides a tool to convert bk repo to
cvs repo.

2. git

3. mercurial (while this is promissing and written in python, which
many people here can hack it if needed, unfortunately mercurial is
the
most immatured tool compared to the above two)

I like bzr (in Python too), but it's simply not ready either.  Being
halfway around the world, I prefer a distributed system over svn.  I
really dislike the idea of losing the history, but it shouldn't be too
hard to import the existing history (using libsp) into whatever format
is chosen.

Haven't played with git, but it seems to have traction.
Rusty.

Just another option: svk (http://svk.elixus.org/)
It adds distribution on top of svn.

I have not used it myself, but perhaps it's an option.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold