Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0 Xend loses network - eth0 -> veth0? (fwd)

On 10 Jun 2005, at 08:22, Birger Tödtmann wrote:

Does domU networking work after doing this?

I never had problems w/ networking between domUs (besides the already
described kernel crashes when sending too many multicasts/broadcasts on
a bridge with 8+ domU interfaces attached), but "physical" networking
seems to be broken for dom0 when starting xend.  veth0 then has the MAC
address of my NIC and eth0 got the MAC address FF:FF:FF.... It does not
work unless I reload my NIC hw module.

Do you know if the problem is the transmit or receive path? Packets should get received okay, even with the dummy MAC address on eth0 -- interfaces on the bridge are put into promiscuous mode.

 -- Keir

Xen-devel mailing list