Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] nx bit shouldn't get set when disabled

On 8 Jun 2005, at 22:30, Ian Pratt wrote:

Definitions such as __PAGE_KERNEL set NX, but as Jun pointed out,
those should only be set when NX mode is enabled.

So the extra masking isn't required?

I suspect normal hardware is prepared to put up with the bit being set
even if its not supported...

I doubt that, actually. But the kernel ought to set NX in __PAGE_KERNEL only when the hardware supports it (__PAGE_KERNEL is a variable these days, not a macro).

 -- Keir

Xen-devel mailing list