[Xen-devel] xen/ia64 crosscompile

To: Dan Magenheimer <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] xen/ia64 crosscompile
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 16:26:58 -0500
Cc: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:29:11 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Dan, could I convince you to take this patch? I'm trying to
cross-compile xen/ia64 so I can propose portability fixes that work for
ia64 too, but obviously I don't
have /usr/local/sp_env/v2.2.5/i686/bin/ia64-unknown-linux-gcc and I
think it's better to use the CROSS_COMPILE variable found in Config.mk.
Your build should be unaffected.

Also, have you tried building with a current gcc? Crosstool
(http://kegel.com/crosstool) gave me 3.4.2, but there are a fair number
of implicit function declarations that cause build breaks, some of which
live in Linux-patched code (I just hacked them by hand). I'd really like
to be able to build with crosstool...

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center