Re: [Xen-devel] crashes

To: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] crashes
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:09:23 +0100
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:12:31 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> i'm having random crashes under load (diff & pings). No messages in the logs
> or anything, just reboots or hangs. When I went to look at the screen after a
> hang to see if there was an oops or anything like it, the screen was blanked
> and wouldn't wake up - anyone know how to stop that behaviour?
>
> James
 -=- MIME -=-
--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_

i'm having random crashes under load (diff & pings). No messages in the log=
s or anything, just reboots or hangs. When I went to look at the screen aft=
er a hang to see if there was an oops or anything like it, the screen was b=
lanked and wouldn't wake up - anyone know how to stop that behaviour?

James=20

--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_

<HTML dir=3Dltr><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>i'm having random crashes =
under load (diff &amp; pings). No messages in the logs or anything, just re=
boots or hangs.&nbsp;When I went to look at the screen after a hang to see =
if there was an oops or anything like it, the screen was blanked and wouldn=
't&nbsp;wake up - anyone&nbsp;know how to stop that behaviour?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>James</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

--_13C88198-ADAF-4895-972A-BD40A832F34F_--

Is this the scenario of pinging another domain on the same machine
while diffing a pair of large files, that we were using to find the
blkdev mismerge bug? If so, did this problem seem to go away after the
for a short while after the mismerge was fixed?

 -- Keir