Re: [Xen-devel] A question on xen-1.2??

To: I RATTAN <rattan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] A question on xen-1.2??
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:39:21 +0100
Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:42:30 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > RAMDISK: ext2 filesystem found at block 0
> > > RAMDISK: image too big! (8000/4096 blocks)
> > > Freeing initrd memory: 8000k freed
> >
> > Are you intentionally trying to use an initrd ram disk?  If so,
> > what's in it?  Why is it so big? (this is a linux issue, not a
> > Xen one)
>
> Interestingly it only 98K initrd..
> In linux domain initrd of 1600K are working (initrd-2.4.22-1.2115,nptl.img
> for uniprocessor kernel under Fedora).

It looks like Linux is seeing it as a huge initrd.

What version of Xen/Xenolinux are you using? Can you reproduce
the problem using binaries from either the CD or the nightly
builds?  (the boot messages suggested that you were building your
own). Is this a domain 0 boot or another domain?

Ian