Re: [Xen-users] PV Linux domUs freeze after a few hours

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Leszek Urbanski <tygrys@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:44:04 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 06:44:50 -0700

<a06240808c6c17d2ea5f7@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; from Simon Hobson on Mon, Aug
31, 2009 at 14:16:39 +0100
> Leszek Urbanski wrote:
>
> >I'm experiencing random domU freezes.
>
> Can you elaborate ?
> Is it that a single DomU will 'just stop working' while other carry
> on ? And Xentop reports it as consuming 100% CPU ?

Simon,

The full description of my problem, including all symptoms, is in my first
post in this thread.

It's always a single domU. I don't use xentop, but mpstat would show
a high "steal" value on one of the cpus if a domU was using 100%, wouldn't it?

> If so, then it might be this problem :
> http://markmail.org/message/7hghxj6jp55gt26k

That's not it: the guest is not using 100% CPU when frozen and I don't have
anything that would write excessively to the console - there are about 5-10
lines beyond the initial log from booting. Also, I don't get any previous
output from the buffer when I run "xm console".

> http://markmail.org/message/7hghxj6jp55gt26

This URL gives a 404.

Regards,

--
Leszek "Tygrys" Urbanski, SCSA, SCNA
 "Unix-to-Unix Copy Program;" said PDP-1. "You will never find a more