Re: [Xen-users] Xend problem

  • From: ken <gebser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 09:50:59 -0400
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:51:45 -0700

On 08/29/2009 03:45 AM Fasiha Ashraf wrote:
> An error displayed while running virt-manager or virt-install
> [root@HPCNL-SR-2 init.d]# virt-install
> ERROR    unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused

> libvirtError: unable to connect to 'localhost:8000': Connection refused

This looks like a regular networking/security configuration issue, i.e.,
the connection is *refused*.  I would check in /etc/hosts.allow and
/etc/hosts.deny on that "localhost" and see what the settings are there,
perhaps put a line something like

ALL: LOCAL

just to see if that removes the error message and allows the
establishment of the connection on 8000.  If it does, then you'll
probably want to go back to hosts.allow and crank down the permissions
more tightly... how tightly is going to depend upon your particular
circumstances.

If the above doesn't work, don't be surprised... there's quite a few
security measures in place on systems these days.

> on running this command netstat | grep 8000 i found nothing running on
> 8000 port.

Not surprising, since, as the error message above said, the connect on
port 8000 was not permitted.

hth,
ken, xen noob