Re: [Xen-users] RE: GPLPV drivers update

  • To: Joshua Kinard <joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 15:55:16 +0100
  • Cc: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 07:56:04 -0700

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM, Joshua
Kinard<joshua.kinard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thought I'd put this out there, but if anyone is looking for a slightly more
> functional way to bypass Vista/NT6's driver signing feature automatically at
> boot, try this program out in the VM:
>
> ReadyDriver Plus v1.1
> http://www.citadelindustries.net/readydriverplus/
>
> I've used this at home to get ATI Tray Tools to load, because ATI's Catalyst
> is such a hog to install (200MB for a video driver?).  What it'll do is load
> at ntldr boot, automatically press F8, scroll down, disable driver signing,
> then on the next menu, scroll back up and start Windows normally.  Pretty
> handy little tool.
>
> Cheers!,
>
> --J

I've also used this tool for the same purpose, but it is not required
with the latest release of the drivers, all that is necessary is to
run "bcdedit /set testsigning on" and install the drivers, previously
there was a problem with the way they were signed which prevented the
drivers from loading even when test signing was enabled, but it is now
fixed.

I have tested the latest release on both 2008x64 and 2008r2x64 both of
which require signed drivers and enabling testsigning was sufficient.

Andy