Re: [Xen-users] dom0 can see connections from domU-s

  • To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2009 10:13:22 +0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:14:05 -0700

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 10:01 AM, Thiago Camargo Martins
Cordeiro<thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I have this problem at my Linux border gateway, it can not even have the
> NAT module loaded, even if with no NAT rules, the Kernel drops a lot of
> packages on a busy network, saying that the NAT conntrack table is full... I
> hate it!   :-P

Is it a dom0? Or is it simply a Linux router, in which case this is
not directly Xen-related?

>  The BSDs systems suffer from this evil behavior too?
>
>  I never sent a mail to Linus before but, this can be a good time to do so.
>
>  I say this because I believe that Linux should not drop network packets
> only by loading some module.
>
>  ...or simply we do not know how to adjust it!

What's the value of /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max ?
It's 65536 by default on RHEL, and should be adjustable using something like
echo 655360 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

If you're feeling brave, you can adjust some timeouts
(/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack*timeout*) to have dead
connections dropped sooner, thus reducing overall connection count.

--
Fajar