Re: [Xen-users] iscsi vs nfs for xen VMs

Hi Jia,

Was there any specific purpose you choose GFS2 + clvmd over NFS ?

In my experience, like a year ago, GFS2 performed very poorly compared to EXT3 under high load and we had to rollback to EXT3. I am pretty sure that NFS would outperform GFS2 if VMs have high IO to the disk images.

Could you give any IOPS. throughput values you achive to the GFS2 file system with the current configuration?

thanks.,
OZ