Re: Pre-register now for the Xen Project Winter Meetup 2024!

Thank you, Olivier, this will be a great trial for the Xen Project and we are grateful for Vates' support.

Some FAQs for the community:
  • Will there be a virtual element?
    • For this specific event, we will not have a virtual element so that the meetup can focus on in-person collaboration and scoping out how to run smoothly.
  • Does this replace Xen Summit?
    • No. This event is a separate meetup to help bring together our community and enhance collaboration and knowledge sharing. We will still look to run annual Xen Summits, but this event may change the way how things are run in the future in a bid to save costs and increase the frequency of meetups.
  • What other locations have been considered? and why Grenoble?
    • Multiple locations are considered. We have community members based worldwide, and we want to ensure that everyone has a chance to meet. Grenoble has been selected as we have support from Vates hosting at the location and also acts as a first trial. The location means we can host for free, which we pass on to attendees. In the future, we are also looking at hosting events in the US.
  • I want to help host an event, what should I do?
    • Reach out to me! We love to see our community engaged and running local events so any support here is welcomed. We might also have a small budget to help you get started.
If you have any other questions, Olivier and I will be on hand to help!

Many thanks,
Kelly Choi

Community Manager
Xen Project