CET-IBT and kexec?

kexec_reloc (see xen/arch/x86/x86_64/kexec_reloc.S) has an indirect branch as part of switching page tables. I understand that if CET-IBT is enabled this will raise an exception since there's no ENDBR64 instruction and (as far as I could tell) CET-IBT has not been disabled in machine_kexec() prior to calling kexec_reloc().

Have I correctly spotted an issue, and if so, would the correct fix be to disable CET-IBT in machine_kexec()?

I guess this would also be an issue if kexec'ing to a image without CET-IBT support.

David