Re: Xen Booting Problem on ARM Machine

On 19/10/2021 13:04, Sai Kiran Kumar Reddy Y wrote:
Hi,

Hello,

Thanks for your inputs. As you have mentioned, I tried to boot Xen directly from EFI, thereby skipping GRUB. I made sure that kernel, xen.cfg and ramdisk are on the first FAT partition. I still get "All 128 bootinfo membanks exhausted error". The following link has my grub.cfg config. file and also the snapshot of the error.

Link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o7WT5oB7UsaZBeY5m4mWSidT5NalzvvJ?usp=sharing <https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1o7WT5oB7UsaZBeY5m4mWSidT5NalzvvJ?usp=sharing>

I feel that even with EFI bootloader, there's some issue with bootinfo mem banks and it maynot be a bug in GRUB. Let me know your thoughts on this.

As I wrote a few weeks ago. Both issues ("mem banks exhausted" and "Cannot exit boot services") are meant to be non-fatal. So you should be able to continue booting Xen afterwards.

The fact you don't see any log seems to suggest that you didn't enable properly earlyprintk. Would you be able to post your xen/.config?

Could you also confirm which server are you using? The ACPI table seems to suggest this is an Ampere Altra.

Best regards,

--
Julien Grall