Re: ARM series with tools patches for 4.16

Stefano Stabellini writes ("ARM series with tools patches for 4.16"):
> I am writing this email as a summary of the outstanding ARM series
> targeting 4.16 that we are aiming to complete by Oct 15.

Thanks.  This is really helpful.

> There has been a lot of traffic on the mailing list and in a few
> occasions there has been 1 or 2 tools patches embedded in larger ARM
> series. Easy to miss. For your convenience and help with tracking I
> thought it would be useful to list the tools and libxl patches from the
> various series that currently need an ack.

I looked at these:

#1 I think needs work on the commit message and a slight code change
but ought to be doable.  #9 has been committed AIUI.  I think #10 is
having trouble - I replied to it.  I'm happy to help with this if I
could see the wood for the trees...

> - PCI devices passthrough on Arm, part 2 by OleksandrA
>   https://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=163367250003118
>       - other patches no action needed from tools (either already
>         committed, acked, or almost there)

These now acked I think ?

> - Add handling of extended regions (safe ranges) on Arm by OleksandrT
>   https://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=163351932517019
>       - patch #2  missing a libxl ack (Ian is aware)
>       - patch #3  no action needed from tools (committed)

I have acked one of these and asked an easy question of the other.

> - Expose PMU to the guests by Michal
>   https://marc.info/?l=xen-devel&m=163368116008406
>       - patch #2      no action needed from tools (acked)

These now acked I think ?

Ian.