Re: About Arm guests accessing to GICD_ICPENR

On 07/09/2021 09:05, Hongda Deng wrote:
Hi Julien,

Hi,

(+ Stefano)

On 06/09/2021 10:04, Hongda Deng wrote:
Hi Julien,
If Xen wants a complete GICD ICPENDRn emulation to fix it, do you have any
suggestions.

Emulating ICPENDR is not easy with the existing vGIC. It would be great
to finally have a vGIC spec compliant, but I also appreciate this is
going to take some time.

Yes, I agree with that.

Ignoring the access is probably the best we can do. However, this is
also a risky approach because Zephyr (or another OS) may genuinely want
to clear an already pending interrupt. So I would suggest to walk the
interrupts that are meant to be modified and check whether they are
already pending. If they are then print a message.

OK, I would add this check and warning message to my current patch to fix it
in current stage. Is it OK?

I would be fine with the warning. I have added Stefano in CC so he is aware of the discussion.

Cheers,

This would make clear to the developper that something may go wrong
later on.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

[1] https://github.com/zephyrproject-rtos/zephyr/blob/eaf6cf745df3807e6e
cc941c3a30de6c179ae359/drivers/interrupt_controller/intc_gicv3.c#L274

Cheers
Hongda

--
Julien Grall