A mismatched type error found

  • To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rroach" <2284696125@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 23:36:57 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 15:40:31 +0000

Hi, when I look the source code in Xen-4.15 source code, I found a type mismatch.

In detailed, in xen/arch/x86/msi.c:find_msi_entry, there is a comparison between entry->msi_attrib.type and cap_id. However, according to the definition, the type appears to be __u8, where is a char variable, and the cap_id is defined as int variable, hence it seems to be.a type mismatch.

Despite this error do not affect system operation by far, it still affect the code's quality, as such error could result in potential bugs in the future.

Best regards.

Franklin