Re: Preserving transactions accross Xenstored Live-Update

On 18.05.21 20:11, Julien Grall wrote:
Hi Juergen,

I have started to look at preserving transaction accross Live-update in

C Xenstored. So far, I managed to transfer transaction that read/write existing nodes.

Now, I am running into trouble to transfer new/deleted node within a transaction with the existing migration format.

C Xenstored will keep track of nodes accessed during the transaction but not the children (AFAICT for performance reason).

Not performance reasons, but because there isn't any need for that:

The children are either unchanged (so the non-transaction node records
apply), or they will be among the tracked nodes (transaction node
records apply). So in both cases all children should be known.

In case a child has been deleted in the transaction, the stream should
contain a node record for that child with the transaction-id and the
number of permissions being zero: see docs/designs/xenstore-migration.md

Juergen