Memory Layout on Dom0 in PV

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Charles Gonçalves <charles.fg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 15:58:38 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Apr 2021 14:59:30 +0000

Hello Guys,

Does memory on Dom0 also mapped to gpfn or it is mapped directly to mfn?

 If mapped to gpfn, how can I access its p2m mapping?

I'm trying to use the xen-mfndump but it is not working with dom0

./xen-mfndump dump-p2m 0
xc: error: Could not map the shared info frame (MFN 0xddfe9) (3 = No such process): Internal error
xc: error: Could not map domain 0 memory information: Internal error

The problem that I'm wanting to solve is:

Given a va in a process on dom0, I can get its physical representation (mfn or gpfn depending on how this works on PV) using /proc/pid/pagemap and with this I can access its real mfn.

This works perfectly with domU but not with dom0, why?

Atenciosamente,
Charles Ferreira Gonçalves