Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.15 - release status, branching tomorrow

(dropping Frédéric Pierret of Qubes, who was CC'd becausd of the Ryzen
issue.)

Roger Pau Monné writes ("Re: [ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.15 - release status, branching
tomorrow"):
> So there's also the series from Andrew to allow Solaris to boot
> without resorting to use the 'msr_relaxed' option:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/20210316161844.1658-1-andrew.cooper3@xxxxxxxxxx/
>
> This has been R-A:
>
> https://lore.kernel.org/xen-devel/24658.7471.309734.168120@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Thanks for pointing this out.  You seem to be right.

> But AFAICT it's missing a repost with some minimal adjustments?
>
> If we don't get this in we should document on the release notes that
> Solaris guests will likely require 'msr_relaxed=1' option added to the
> configuration file in order to work.

Right.  I still would like to see this fixed.  But I think I would
like to see it finished and committed ASAP.  Can we manage that by
the end of Thursday ?

Ian.