Re: Ryzen 4000 (Mobile) Softlocks/Micro-stutters

On 16.03.2021 03:10, Dylanger Daly wrote:
> I just wanted to close this off and let everyone know the issue ended up
> being a faulty/misconfigured HPET clock.
>
> Appending `clocksource=tsc tsc=unstable hpetbroadcast=0` to Xen's CMDLINE
> totally fixed my issue, I assume Xen was detecting TSC may have been 'off'
> and was trying to recover/self-correct?

I find this a very confusing combination of command line options.
In particular "tsc=unstable" clears one of the feature prereqs
(TSC_RELIABLE) that are required for "clocksource=tsc" to take
any effect, afaict. I therefore would conclude that you're not
actually running with TSC as the clock source. Did you check the
hypervisor log (which might prove me wrong)?

Jan