Re: NetBSD dom0 PVH: hardware interrupts stalls

On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 02:34:44PM +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 05:09:14PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 04:49:17PM +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> > > Could you also give a try with ioapic_ack=new on the Xen command line?
> >
> > With this I still have the interrupt issue, but Xen doesn't panic on 'i'.
> > http://www-soc.lip6.fr/~bouyer/xen-log8.txt
>
> Sorry for the delay, I have yet another debug patch for you to try.
> Can you remove the ioapic_ack=new from the command line and rebuild
> the hypervisor with the provided patch applied and debug trace
> enabled? (`gmake -C xen menuconfig` and go into Debugging Options to
> find it).

menuconfig doens't build on NetBSD, I set CONFIG_DEBUG_TRACE=y in
.config. I guess it is enough ?

For the record, my boot commad line is now
menu=Boot Xen PVH:load /test console=com0 root=dk0 -vx; multiboot /xen-test.gz
dom0_mem=1024M console=com2 com2=57600,8n1,,0 loglvl=all guest_loglvl=all
gnttab_max_nr_frames=64 dom0=pvh iommu=debug dom0_vcpus_pin sync_console
dom0_max_vcpus=1 watchdog=force iommu=no-intremap

> Then once the system stalls use the 'T' debug key to dump the buffer.

Here it is. It seems to be stuck in an infinite loop, I hit the 'R' key
after several minutes
http://www-soc.lip6.fr/~bouyer/xen-log9.txt

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>