Re: Xen on RP4

On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 7:37 PM Elliott Mitchell <ehem+xen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I finally have U-Boot -> GRUB -> Xen sort-of operational as an

Yup -- same as what we're using in EVE -- we're now on the same page ;-)

> alternative to Tianocore -> GRUB -> Xen on a Raspberry PI 4B.
>
> Stefano Stabellini, how much of the Raspberry PI 4B hardware have you
> observed being operational under Linux on Xen?  In particular, have you
> ever observed operational graphical output from a Raspberry Pi 4B running
> Xen?

Pretty much everything is fully operational including graphics (but
not native one -- the default LK one)

> Presently I'm using a 5.8 kernel with your patches and haven't seen
> graphical output under Xen with either boot stack.  I've confirmed fully
> operational graphics without Xen on Tianocore, I've confirmed operational
> virtual terminals with U-Boot and not Xen.
>
> I had been planning to wait a bit before moving to 5.9, but if that is
> the crucial ingredient I'll move early.

We're still using 5.4 -- but it seems that the next LTS 5.10 is also functional.

I can bet $10 whatever it is -- it is DT related ;-)

Thanks,
Roman.