Re: NetBSD dom0 PVH: hardware interrupts stalls

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 03:19:15PM +0100, Roger Pau Monné wrote:
> I've got two different debug patches for you to try. I'm attaching both
> to this email but I think we should start with Jan's suggestion
> (conditional_print.patch). That patch will only print extra messages
> between the ioregsel 3 ... ioregsel f existing debug messages, you
> will have to trigger this from NetBSD by using ioapic_dump_raw AFAICT.

thanks. I didn't see any change in behavior or XEN output with this
patch (especially the vioapic_deliver string doesn't show up in the
logs).

> The other patch (verbose_intr.patch) adds some messages related to
> interrupts, but I'm afraid it's likely to interfere with the issue we
> are trying to debug, since it will add a lot of extra printk's (and
> likely flood your console).

with this one, the console is indeed flooded, and the dom0 boots without
problem.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>