Re: zstd compressed kernels

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 08:48:25PM +0000, Andrew Cooper wrote:
> For domU's, tools/libs/guest/xg_dom_bzimageloader.c and
> xc_dom_probe_bzimage_kernel()
>
> (Wow this plumbing is ugly and in need of some rationalisation...)

Though not part of Xen, the PV part of grub could also do with some
love as it is also missing lz4 kernel support. This is particularly
painful since Ubuntu switched to lz4 kernels from the 19.10 release.

I understand from Jürgen though that grub's PVH support just uses
the normal i386 loader so if grub supports a bzImage on bare metal
it should do so with PVH, so that's an option. Certainly that works
for lz4 anyway.

Cheers,
Andy