Re: Recent upgrade of 4.13 -> 4.14 issue

On Mon, 2020-10-26 at 17:11 +0100, Frédéric Pierret wrote:
> Le 10/26/20 à 2:54 PM, Andrew Cooper a écrit :
> > > If anyone would have any idea of what's going on, that would be
> > > very
> > > appreciated. Thank you.
> >
> > Does booting Xen with `sched=credit` make a difference?
> >
> > ~Andrew
>
> Thank you Andrew. Since your mail I'm currently testing this on
> production and it's clearly more stable than this morning. I will not
> say yet it's solved because yesterday I had some few hours of
> stability too. but clearly, it's encouraging because this morning it
> was just hell every 15/30 minutes.

Ok, yes, let us know if the credit scheduler seems to not suffer from
the issue.

I'm curious about another thing, though. You mentioned, in your
previous email (and in the subject :-)) that this is a 4.13 -> 4.14
issue for you?

Does that mean that the problem was not there on 4.13?

I'm asking because Credit2 was already the default scheduler in 4.13.

So, unless you were configuring things differently, you were already
using it there.

If this is the case, it would hint at the fact that something that
changed between .13 and .14 could be the cause.

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D
http://about.me/dario.faggioli