Re: Xen on RP4

Hi Elliott,

On 24/10/2020 06:35, Elliott Mitchell wrote:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2020 at 04:59:30PM -0700, Stefano Stabellini wrote:
Note that I tried to repro the issue here at my end but it works for me
with device tree. So the swiotlb_init memory allocation failure probably
only shows on ACPI, maybe because ACPI is reserving too much low memory.

Found it.  Take a look at 437b0aa06a014ce174e24c0d3530b3e9ab19b18b

  PLATFORM_START(rpi4, "Raspberry Pi 4")
      .compatible     = rpi4_dt_compat,
      .blacklist_dev  = rpi4_blacklist_dev,
+    .dma_bitsize    = 30,
  PLATFORM_END

Where this is used to match against a *device-tree*.

Right. When we introduced ACPI in Xen, we made the assumption there would be no need for per-platform workaround.

ACPI has a distinct
means of specifying a limited DMA-width; the above fails, because it
assumes a *device-tree*.

Do you know if it would be possible to infer from the ACPI static table the DMA-width?

If not, is there a way to uniquely identify the platform?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall