Re: [RFC] treewide: cleanup unreachable breaks

On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 12:42:15PM -0700, Nick Desaulniers wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 10:43 PM Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 09:09:28AM -0700, trix@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > > From: Tom Rix <trix@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > >
> > > This is a upcoming change to clean up a new warning treewide.
> > > I am wondering if the change could be one mega patch (see below) or
> > > normal patch per file about 100 patches or somewhere half way by
> > > collecting
> > > early acks.
> >
> > Please break it up into one-patch-per-subsystem, like normal, and get it
> > merged that way.
> >
> > Sending us a patch, without even a diffstat to review, isn't going to
> > get you very far...
>
> Tom,
> If you're able to automate this cleanup, I suggest checking in a
> script that can be run on a directory.  Then for each subsystem you
> can say in your commit "I ran scripts/fix_whatever.py on this subdir."
>  Then others can help you drive the tree wide cleanup.  Then we can
> enable -Wunreachable-code-break either by default, or W=2 right now
> might be a good idea.

I remember using clang-modernize in the past to fix issues very
similar to this, if clang machinery can generate the warning, can't
something like clang-tidy directly generate the patch?

You can send me a patch for drivers/infiniband/* as well

Thanks,
Jason