Re: [Ocfs2-devel] [RFC] treewide: cleanup unreachable breaks

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 09:09:28AM -0700, trix@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> clang has a number of useful, new warnings see
> https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://clang.llvm.org/docs/DiagnosticsReference.html__;!!GqivPVa7Brio!Krxz78O3RKcB9JBMVo_F98FupVhj_jxX60ddN6tKGEbv_cnooXc1nnBmchm-e_O9ieGnyQ$

Please get your IT department to remove that stupidity.  If you can't,
please send email from a non-Red Hat email address.

I don't understand why this is a useful warning to fix.  What actual
problem is caused by the code below?

> return and break
>
>       switch (c->x86_vendor) {
>       case X86_VENDOR_INTEL:
>               intel_p5_mcheck_init(c);
>               return 1;
> -             break;

Sure, it's unnecessary, but it's not masking a bug.  It's not unclear.
Why do we want to enable this warning?