Re: Ryzen 4000 (Mobile) Softlocks/Micro-stutters

Hi Jan, thank you for responding.

Indeed this is for dom0, I only recently tried limiting a domU to 1 core and
observed absolutely no softlocks, UI animations are smooth as butter with 1
core only.

Indeed I believe this is a CPU Scheduling issue, I've tried both the older
credit and RTDS however both don't boot correctly.
The number of cores on this CPU is 8, 16 threads however Qubes by default
disables SMT, sched_credit2_max_cpus_runqueue is 16 by default, I've tried
testing with setting this to 7 or 8 however it'll either not boot, or nothing
will change.

There are a number of credit2 tweak-ables so I'm hoping to play around and drop
the `dom0_max_vcpus=1`, I suspect `sched_credit2_max_cpus_runqueue` is the main
thing to play with.

I did manage to get it booting with sched_credit2_max_cpus_runqueue=7 but it
ended up locking up shortly after X launched on dom0