Re: [patch V2 00/46] x86, PCI, XEN, genirq ...: Prepare for device MSI

On Wed, Sep 30 2020 at 08:43, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 30, 2020 at 08:41:48AM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
>> >>

>> > I see that the tip tree (as of 9/29) has most of these patches but
>> > notice that the DEV_MSI related patches
>> >
>> > haven't made it. I have tested the tip tree(x86/irq branch) with your
>> > DEV_MSI infra patches and our IMS patches with the IDXD driver and was
>>
>> Your IMS patches? Why do you need something special again?
>>
>> > wondering if we should push out those patches as part of our patchset?
>>
>> As I don't have any hardware to test that, I was waiting for you and
>> Jason to confirm that this actually works for the two different IMS
>> implementations.
>
> How urgently do you need this? The code looked good from what I
> understood. It will be a while before we have all the parts to send an
> actual patch though.

I personally do not need it at all :) Megha might have different
thoughts...

> We might be able to put together a mockup just to prove it

If that makes Megha's stuff going that would of course be appreciated,
but we can defer the IMS_QUEUE part for later. It's orthogonal to the
IMS_ARRAY stuff.

Thanks,

        tglx