Re: Kernel panic on 'floppy' module load, Xen HVM, since 4.19.143

On 27.09.20 13:14, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
Hi all,

I get kernel panic on 'floppy' module load. If I blacklist the module,
then everything works.
The issue happens in Xen HVM, other virtualization modes (PV, PVH) works
fine. PV dom0 works too. I haven't tried bare metal, but I assume it
works fine too.

Could you please try bare metal?

Working in PV and PVH mode, but not in HVM, is pointing towards either
an issue in IRQ handling (not Xen specific) or in qemu.

It might be that Xen is advertising a rarely used APIC mode. In case
bare metal is working it might be helpful to have APIC related boot
message differences between HVM guest and bare metal.

Juergen