RE: Memory ordering question in the shutdown deferral code

The barrier enforces global order, right? So, if domain_shutdown() pauses the
vcpu then is_shutting_down must necessarily be visible all cpus. Thus
vcpu_start_shutdown referral will execute vcpu_check_shutdown(), so I'm having
a hard time seeing the race.

> > I am not fully familiar with the IOREQ code, but it sounds to me this is
> > not the behavior that was intended. Can someone more familiar with the
> > code confirm it?

No indeed. I think emulation should complete before the vcpu pauses.

  Paul