Re: Xen on Pi4: Xen doesn't work with overlays from Raspberry Pi 5.4 kernel

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 6:45 PM Corey Minyard <cminyard@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 06:05:57PM -0700, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:

> > > I already have that set as part of the boot process, but it still
> > > doesn't print anything out once Xen is started.
> > >
> > > I tried the 5.6 device tree, and no help there, eithers.  I'm wondering
> > > if everyone is still running with the 4.19 device trees.
> >
> > As I pointed out in the EVE link above -- we're very happily running
> > with 5.6 device trees. They are, of course, taken from RPI kernel
> > tree.
>
> Ok, what version of Xen are you running?  I'm using 4.13 with the Pi
> patches, but I have not tried the master branch.

We're running 4.14 + additional patches (not sure which ones will make
it into 4.14 proper yet):
    https://github.com/lf-edge/eve/tree/master/pkg/xen/arch/aarch64

FWIW: the first patch is basically the delta between 4.13 and 4.14

Thanks,
Roman.