Re: UEFI support in ARM DomUs

On Thu, 4 Jun 2020, Julien Grall wrote:
> On 04/06/2020 16:26, Oleksandr Andrushchenko wrote:
> > On 6/4/20 4:57 AM, Peng Fan wrote:
> > > Grall <julien@xxxxxxx>;
> > > We have made U-Boot run inside XEN DomU, but just only PV console part,
> > > not implement other frontend drivers currently. Would this help for your
> > > case if enable EFI in U-Boot?
> >
> > Well, we have a working PV block implementation on top of that on iMX8
>
> That's a nice work and will be a good addition. However...
>

> > platform, mostly ported from mini-os. Currently we are finalizing the work
>
> ... AFAICT mini-os is licensed using BSD-2 while U-boot is using GPLv2. So I
> would be careful with the licensing here.
>
> It might be better to consider to port Linux PV driver instead or rewrite them
> completely.

Julien, I might be misunderstanding what you wrote. MiniOS is BSD-2 so
MiniOS code can be integrated into a GPLv2 project without issues
(becoming GPLv2.)  So it should be OK to take MiniOS code and add it to
Uboot?

The other way around would be an issue: you cannot take GPLv2 code and
add it to a BSD-2 project.