Re: Keystone Issue

Hello,

I have a few questions in order to understand a bit more your problem.

On 01/06/2020 13:38, CodeWiz2280 wrote:
Hello, I am using a Texas Instruments K2E Keystone Eval board with Linux 4.19.59.  It has a 32-bit ARM Cortex A15 processor. There is keystone specific code in the kernel in arch/arm/mm/pv-fixup-asm.s that executes during early_paging_init for LPAE support.  This causes the kernel to switch its running 32-bit address space to a 36-bit address space and the hypervisor traps repeatedly and stops it from booting.

Without any log it is going to be difficult to help. Could you post the hypervisor log when debug is enabled?

  I suspect this is because Xen only allowed for the original 32-bit memory range specified by the dom0 device tree.

How much RAM did you give to your Dom0?

The 36-bit LPAE address is a fixed offset from the 32-bit address and is not physically different memory.

I am not sure to understand this. Are you suggesting that the kernel is trying to relocate itself in a different part of the physical memory?

Can you provide more details on the fixed offset?

Can you suggest any way to get through this problem? I am using the master branch of xen from earlier this year.

Can you provide the exact baseline your are using? Did make any changes on top?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Best regards,

--
Julien Grall