Re: IOCTL_PRIVCMD_MMAPBATCH on Xen 4.13.0

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 09:34:30AM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> On 18.05.2020 19:31, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > From what I found it seems that all unallocated memory is tagged
> > p2m_mmio_dm,
> > is it right ?
>
> Yes. For many years there has been a plan to better separate this from
> p2m_invalid ...

thanks.

So for some reason, MMU_NORMAL_PT_UPDATE thinks that the memory is not
allocated for this domain. This is true for both the ioreq page, and
when trying to load the BIOS rom in the guest memory.
I traced the hypercall in the tools and the memory is allocated with
XENMEM_populate_physmap (and the gfn returned by XENMEM_populate_physmap
and passed to MMU_NORMAL_PT_UPDATE do match).

Still looking ...

Note that I'm using the 4.13.0 release sources, not the top of branch.
Is it something that could have been fixed after the release ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>