Re: RoCE adapters and Xen.

On Sun, 2020-05-17 at 13:15 +0000, Jason Long wrote:
> Hello,
> The Xen hypervisor doesn't support the RoCE adapters? The Oracle
> migrates to the KVM because of it.
> Why not add this feature?

I am curious. Aren't RoCE adapters just PCIe devices? If things are set
up correctly and drivers are present, I don't think Xen has any problem
supporting them.

Do you have any reference that Oracle migrates to KVM *because* Xen
cannot support RoCE? Or is it simply that Oracle is migrating to KVM in
general?

I haven't worked on RoCE before so I could be wrong.

Hongyan