Xen Coding style

Hi all,

This was originally discussed during the last community call.

A major part of the comments during review is related to coding style issues. This can lead to frustration from the contributor as the current CODING_STYLE is quite light and the choice often down to a matter of taste from the maintainers.

In the past, Lars tried to address the problem by introducing a coding style checker (see [1] and [2]). However, the work came to stop because we couldn't agree on what is Xen coding style.

I would like to suggest a different approach. Rather than trying to agree on all the rules one by one, I propose to have a vote on different coding styles and pick the preferred one.

The list of coding styles would come from the community. It could be coding styles already used in the open source community or new coding styles (for instance a contributor could write down his/her understanding of Xen Coding Style).

Are the committers happy with this appraoch? If so, I could send a formal call for coding style?

Cheers,

[1] <20190718144317.23307-1-tamas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[2] <CAOcoXZavLnHhNc7mmHnO5Gi_vq-0j1FCgvpXh0NimAewXX8e1g@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>