[ANNOUNCE] Xen 4.14 Development Update - LAST POSTING

*** LAST POSTING TODAY ***

This email only tracks big items for xen.git tree. Please reply for items
you would like to see in 4.14 so that people have an idea what
is going on and prioritise accordingly.

You're welcome to provide description and use cases of the feature you're
working on.

= Timeline =

We now adopt a fixed cut-off date scheme. We will release about every 8
 months.
The critical dates for Xen 4.14 are as follows:

* Last posting date: May 1st, 2020 <--- We are here
* Hard code freeze: May 22nd, 2020
* Release: June 26th, 2020

Note that we don't have a freeze exception scheme anymore. All patches
that wish to go into 4.14 must be posted initially no later than the
last posting date and finally no later than the hard code freeze.
All patches posted after that date will be automatically queued into next
release.

RCs will be arranged immediately after freeze.

There is also a jira instance to track all the tasks (not only big)
for the project. See: https://xenproject.atlassian.net/projects/XEN/issues.

Some of the tasks tracked by this e-mail also have a corresponding jira task
referred by XEN-N.

There is a version number for patch series associated to each feature.
Can each owner send an update giving the latest version number if the
series has been re-posted? Also, can the owners of any completed items
please respond so that the item can be moved into the 'Completed' section.

= Projects =

== Hypervisor ==

*  Live-Updating Xen (RFC v2)
  -  David Woodhouse
  -  The latest code is available at
https://xenbits.xen.org/gitweb/?p=people/dwmw2/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/lu-master
  -  Project wiki page at https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Live-Updating_Xen

*  Non-Cooperative Live Migration (v4 (re-work the xenstore migration document))
  -  Paul Durrant

*  Secret Hiding (Split into several series; 'Remove the direct map' now posted)
  -  Hongyan Xia

*  Hypervisor file system (v7)
  -  Juergen Gross

=== x86 ===

*  Linux stub domains (v5)
  -  Marek Marczykowski-Górecki

*  Virtualise MSR_ARCH_CAPS for guests
  -  Andrew Cooper

*  AMD hardware mitigations (Rome)
  -  Andrew Cooper

*  Xen ioreq server (v3)
  -  Roger Pau Monne

*  Instruction emulator improvements
  -  Jan Beulich

*  VM forking (v17 (hypervisor side merged))
  -  Tamas K Lengyel

== Completed ==

Paul Durrant