[Xen-devel] PCIe IOMMU ACS support

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Roman Shaposhnik <roman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 13:55:01 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 20:55:26 +0000

Hi!

I was going through how Xen support PCIe IOMMU ACS and
all I could find is this:

https://github.com/xen-project/xen/blob/master/xen/drivers/passthrough/pci.c#L608
which looks to me as an attempt of enabling ACS opportunistically,
but still proceeding forward even if it fails.

Am I missing something here? IOW, does Xen try to do any kind of
fine grained ACS differentiation along the lines of what linux kernel
is doing:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/tree/drivers/pci/quirks.c#n4299

Thanks,
Roman.