Re: [Xen-devel] Having a DOM-U guest with 1:1 mapping in the second stage MMU.

Hi,

On 13/02/2020 18:27, Andrei Cherechesu wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Julien Grall <julien@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 00:03
To: Stefano Stabellini <sstabellini@xxxxxxxxxx>; Andrei Cherechesu
<andrei.cherechesu@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Jorge Pereira <jorge.pereira@xxxxxxx>; xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Having a DOM-U guest with 1:1 mapping in the second
stage MMU.

Hello,

I used the Xen from Stefano's tree and made the updates to the partial
dtb that he specified.

This is mostly likely because Linux is trying to access a region
that is not mapped in stage-2. You can rebuild Xen with debug enabled
and you should see a message "traps.c:..." telling the exact physical
address accessed.

In general I would recommend to build Xen with debug enabled during development
as the hypervisor will give you more information of what's going on.

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall

I enabled debug config and gave it another try. But I'm still
getting the same unhandled fault error, that seems to match what
Julien described above.

It is indeed a stage-2 abort caused by the guest.

I attached the DomU1 crash log at [0].

[0] https://pastebin.com/BSHVFQiK

From the log:

(XEN) traps.c:1973:d1v0 HSR=0x939f0046 pc=0xffffff80083ac864 gva=0xffffff800800d048 gpa=0x000000402f0048

So the guest is trying to access the guest physical address 0x000000402f0048. Looking at the partial device tree you provided, you are requesting Xen to map the range 0x4002f000 - 0x40030000.

The address does not belong to the range. Could you check whether you did passthrough the correct range? (It seems like a zero is missing).

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall