Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Driver Domain

I wasn't able to make the HVM driver domain work even with the latest Xen
version which is 4.14. I see the 'xendriverdomain' executable in the
/etc/init.d/ directory, but it doesn't seem to be running in the background.

On the other hand, I see the official "Qubes OS Architecture" document
(https://www.qubes-os.org/attachment/wiki/QubesArchitecture/arch-spec-0.3.pdf)
defines the driver domain as the following.

"A driver domain is an unprivileged PV-domain that has been securely granted
access to certain PCI device (e.g. the network card or disk controller) using
Intel VT-d." - Page 12

Moreover, section 6.1 reads "The network domain is granted direct access to the
networking hardware, e.g. the WiFi or ethernet card. Besides, it is a regular
unprivileged PV domain."

Maybe you guys later moved to the HVM driver domain from PV. Would you please
share the Xen config you use for the network driver domain?

Thanks,
Mehrab