Re: [Xen-devel] REGRESSION: Xen 4.13 RC5 fails to bootstrap Dom0 on ARM

Hi,

On 18/12/2019 07:36, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
On Tue, Dec 17, 2019 at 6:56 PM Roman Shaposhnik <roman@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Exactly! That's the other surprising bit -- I noticed that too -- its not like
Xen doesn't see any of the memory above 1G -- it just doesn't see enough of it.

So the question is -- what is Linux doing that Xen doesn't?

By the way, speaking of running Xen under ARM/qemu -- here's an interesting
observation: when I run qemu-system-aarch64 with -m 4096 option it seems
that, again, Linux kernel is perfectly content with having access to 4G of RAM,
while Xen only sees about 2G.

Linux and Xen should see close to the same amount as memory as long as you are using the same bootloader...

This may actually have something to do with UEFI I guess.

...  could you confirm whether you are booting Linux using UEFI or not?

Cheers,

--
Julien Grall