Re: [Xen-devel] bug: unable to LZ4 decompress ub1910 installer kernel when launching domU

Hello,

On Sun, Dec 01, 2019 at 06:47:14PM +0100, Jeremi Piotrowski wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 10:12:19AM +0200, Jan Beulich wrote:
> > Would you please increase verbosity (xl -vvv create ...) such that we
> > can see what exactly the decompression code doesn't like about this

[…]

> I stumbled across the same issue

In case it is useful, I was recently chatting to Pry Mar on IRC
about this issue. It also affects the Ubuntu 20.04 kernels (both
installer and OS packaged) which is no surprise since it seems they
switched to LZ4 compression from 19.10.

Pry Mar was able to make it boot under Xen PV by manually
uncompressing the vmlinuz first.

I have been meaning to take a recent Debian kernel or mainline
kernel and enable the LZ4 compression options to see if it is
reproducible outside of Ubuntu, but haven't found time yet.

Thanks,
Andy