Re: [Xen-devel] Xen hiding thermal capabilities from Dom0

On 25.11.2019 16:43, Rishi wrote:
> Next is the MSR read for actual temperature values. Currently
> rdmsr_safe_on_cpu is being used, does it already get converted to a
> Hypercall to be able to detect values?
> While tracing the function calls from code, rdmsr_safe_on_cpu() ->
> rdmsr_safe() -> native_read_msr_safe() -> asm volatile() comes up.
> I can see xen_read_msr_safe() but not sure if this or its any other
> variant can be called.

None of these are suitable, as mentioned before, as they're all
acting in terms of vCPU-s, while you want to act on pCPU-s.
You're unlikely to be able to make this work without first
making Xen allow Dom0 access to these MSRs via the indicated
platform-op (or yet something more intrusive).

Jan